In his presentation entitled "Developing E-Health Services - Lessons to be Learned from Industry and Social Media" Markus Habetha-Eisenbarth, Project Manager eHealth of the Asklepios eHealth GmbH will give a look on aspects of service design and on what industry and social media can teach us for development of ehealth services. Doing less more frequently, talking to people from different fields and segments and focusing on the customer's perspective will lead to smart and successful services.
Panel Discussion on October 12
On October 12, the program at the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce will include a panel discussion on "Designing Personalized Healthcare" with following participants:
- Susan J. Hyatt, BSc (PT) MBA, President & CEO, HYATTDIO Incorporated
- Peter Morgan, BA BEd, CIO, Agency for Integrated Care/ Program Director, Community and Integrated Care, MOH Holdings Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Dr. med. Jörg Weidenhammer, Managing Director, Asklepios Medical School GmbH
- Chai Chuah, National Director, National Health Board Business Unit, New Zealand Ministry of Health
- John Crawford, Healthcare Industry Leader, IBM Healthcare and Life Sciences
The panel discussion will be presented/moderated by Dr. Dierk Heimann.
Software Assisted Medicine - The Third Pillar in Healthcare
Medical Information Technologies (MIT) gains more and more influence in medical diagnosis and treatment. With growing availability of structured information and integration of medical knowledge it becomes possible to build a new pillar in healthcare: Software Assisted Medicine (SAM).
The presentation entitled "Software Assisted Medicine - The Third Pillar in Healthcare" by Dr. Florian Fuhrmann, Head of Business Area Payors and Providers of the CompuGroup Medical Deutschland GmbH will give a definition of SAM and its topology, followed by typical examples and a detailed introduction to a project for the treatment of diabetes - including a first evaluation. Dr. Florian Fuhrmann will discuss how SAM improves Drug Therapy Safety, supports the diagnosis of orphan diseases and enables the compliance of medical pathways.
Following workshops will take place on October 12 at 14:00 h:
1. "Diagnosis in the First Point of Care - Faster Access to Treatment Saves Lives and Costs" by Prof. Lauri Toivonen, MD, PhD, Chief Physician, Cardiac Arrhythmia Division, Helsinki University Hospital and Consulting Cardiologist, RemoteA Ltd
2. "E-Health: Improving Healthcare by Crossing System Barriers" by Dr. Ibrahim Cunaku, Prof.-Ass., Head of eHealth, VAMED Management und Service
3. "Managing Long Term Conditions with Multi-Disciplinary, Technology-Enabled Teams" by Dr. John Heavens, Senior Clinical Consultant for EMEA, Orion Health Limited
Following workshops are scheduled for 14:45 h:
4. "The Integrated Financial Planning" by Daniel Olsberg, Managing Consultant, novem business applications GmbH
5. "Applied Personalized Medicine - Real Life Experiences" by Andre Neu, Head of Imaging Business Unit, Cerner Deutschland GmbH
6. "Service Delivery and Cost Effectiveness Using State-of-the-Art Information Technology" by Nasser Shehata, Chief Executive Officer, Health Insights