An industry-leading show, SMi have been running this conference for 15 years - a testament of how vital this particular focus is to the biotech and pharma sector. As physicians and scientists continue to find strategies to assist in simplifying treatment schedules for patients, a pharma focus continues to move towards innovative controlled release technologies to improve drug transport to target.
Moreover, with the global oral controlled release drug delivery technology market expected to expand at 7.2% CAGR between 2017-2027 (with an estimated revenue of US$50B by 2027), now is the time to get ahead of the game by exploring and understanding innovations in drug delivery, nanoparticles/nanomedicine & QbD, CNS drug delivery and therapeutic application.
Who will be speaking?
- Howard Stevens, Emeritus Professor, University of Strathclyde (CHAIRMAN)
- Joël Richard, Senior Vice President, Peptides Development, Ipsen (CHAIRMAN)
- Mohamed Albed Alhnan, Senior Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire
- Pavel Farkas, Senior Director - Biopharmaceutics/ Clinical Development, PLIVA
- Barry Friend, Sr. Technical Manager, Colorcon
- Sebastian Schwier, Project Director / Int. Technical Project Leader, Grünenthal
- Karsten Lindhardt, CSO, Head R&D, Egalet
- Teofilo Vasconcelos, Formulation Manager, Bial
- Guillaume Saint-Pierre, Chief Executive Officer and Cofounder, PeptiGelDesign
Highlights this March 2018
- Understand the impact of the current EU Guideline on clinical evaluation of modified release drugs from a pharmaceutical perspective, with a talk from PLIVA
- Discover new technologies and innovations for the development of Controlled Release drugs including Lipid-composite microparticles, Molecular Envelope Technology (MET) nanoparticles and Abuse-Deterrent Formulations
- Focus on Successful Oral Technologies progressing in the clinic, with talks discussing lessons learned from clinical studies
- Learn about the advances and challenges in Paediatric controlled release formulations, including taste-masking and oral formulation challenges
- ...and more.
For further information and to register, please visit:
About SMi GroupThe SMi Group is a highly Professional, Independent and Global company that specialises in the production of Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops and Masterclasses. We research, create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical sectors.
We believe in bringing you the best events incorporating:
- In-depth analysis of the subject matter
- Tools, techniques and information to immediately benefit your business
- High level contact with expert speakers
- Insight into new areas, refreshing your knowledge
- Opportunities to learn from key opinion leaders, and to engage through Q&A
- Sessions with leading professionals and to network before, during and after event
Our management team has more than 70 years collective experience in the conference industry and our long-term success has been established by providing a reliable and expert service. This gives you the delegate, the confidence and reassurance, in knowing that we have brought you the best speakers and content for 20 years. The SMi management team plays a very active role in the day to day running of the business and events and we look forward to meeting you at an event soon!