SMi Group's Parallel Trade conference returns to London for its 12th year. Over the years, the European Single market has allowed for pharmaceuticals to be imported and exported freely between member states without the permission of the manufacturers. However, with the arrival of Brexit and guidelines to immanently enforce the Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) by 2019, the market for pharmaceutical parallel trade is changing.
The latest changes to regulation, their implementation and major court cases in intellectual property influencing distribution practices will be discussed and will also be explored the safety of patients in relation to the surge in pharmaceutical E-commerce and ways in which currency fluctuations are likely to disrupt the flow of drugs to certain countries in the EU and beyond.
With huge interest from leaders in the field, the conference organisers have worked closely with an expert panel of speakers to present an agenda that is shaping up to be the best Parallel Trade event. This year's event will continue to lead with its unrivalled panel of experts bringing you the most insightful presentations from our confirmed Industry-leading speakers:
- Antonio Mendonca Alves, CEO, Md Pharma Sa
- Christopher Stothers, Partner, Arnold And Porter Kaye Scholer Llp
- Darragh O'loughlin, Secretary General, Irish Pharmacy Union
- Eric Noehrenberg, President, Noehrenberg International Policy Consulting
- Fabrizio Gianfrate, Professor of Health Economics, University of Ferrara
- Farasat Bokhari, Senior Lecturer in Economics, Uea, University of East Anglia
- Felipe Florez-Arango, Head of Finance, Europe, Shire
- Frank Weissenfeldt, Senior Manager, Supplier Relations, Quintilesims
- Heinz Kobelt, Director European Affairs, European Association of Euro-Pharmaceutical Companies
- Ian Walker, Chairman, Epilepsy Action
- Janice Haigh, VP Pricing & Market Access, Parexel
- John Jolley, Managing Director, Pharmaconsult Global Ltd
- Mikas Rimantas, Business Development Director, Lexano
- Werner Berg, Partner, Baker & Mckenzie
Parallel Trade will address short term versus long term concerns of pharmaceutical manufacturers, regulators, parallel traders and patient associations.
The 2018 Parallel Trade conference will cover the important issues of:
- Maintaining the integrity of the supply chain
- Addressing recent developments concerning intellectual property and regulatory law
- Forecasting currency fluctuations across the single market and the affect this might have on drug shortages, prices and patient accessibility
- Exploring how Brexit will impact pharmaceutical trade and market access in Europe
- Providing an insight into current anti-trust investigations from industry leaders and the consequences this could have on pharmaceutical parallel trade.
For further information and to register, please visit:
About SMi Group
The SMi Group is a highly Professional, Independent and Global company that specialises in the production of Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops and Masterclasses. We research, create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical sectors.
We believe in bringing you the best events incorporating:
- In-depth analysis of the subject matter
- Tools, techniques and information to immediately benefit your business
- High level contact with expert speakers
- Insight into new areas, refreshing your knowledge
- Opportunities to learn from key opinion leaders, and to engage through Q&A
- Sessions with leading professionals and to network before, during and after event
Our management team has more than 70 years collective experience in the conference industry and our long-term success has been established by providing a reliable and expert service. This gives you the delegate, the confidence and reassurance, in knowing that we have brought you the best speakers and content for 20 years. The SMi management team plays a very active role in the day to day running of the business and events and we look forward to meeting you at an event soon!