- Establish new momentum for success in our research activities which is necessary to ensure the Group's sustainability. Our R&D sites' activities in France would evolve over the next three years to strengthen our scientific, academic and private network.
- The development activities in Vitry/Alfortville, Chilly-Mazarin/Longjumeau and Lyon would continue in their current configuration.
- The Montpellier site would progressively evolve toward a strategic center focused on development.
- The Vitry/Alfortville and Chilly-Mazarin/Longjumeau research activities would be increased.
- The Strasbourg site would maintain its momentum of a collaborative platform open to academic research and biotechs.
- A global center of excellence in infectious diseases would be created in Lyon.
- Improve the economic performance of Sanofi Pasteur's industrial units to ensure their ability to compete in increasingly competitive vaccine markets.
- Streamline support functions to respond to the Group's diversification and improve their efficiency.
Sanofi intends to implement these adaptations mainly through voluntary measures which could lead - by 2015 - to the reduction of approximately 900 positions in France. These measures would consist of early retirements, mobility proposals and repositioning in France. No relocation of sites or any change to the number of industrial sites is planned in France.
The function of the Toulouse site remains to be specified. Sanofi has identified during the summer potential stakeholders who could maintain the site's scientific or technological capacity. To further explore all options, a working group including Sanofi representatives, national and local authorities will be created as soon as possible. Its mission will be to find concrete solutions for the site in the coming months.
Sanofi, a global and diversified healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and the new Genzyme. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY).